If you live in the Chicago area and own or operate a commercial pool, you’ll know that there are certain best practices that’ll keep you afloat. Get the scoop on how to operate your commercial pool as efficiently as possible with our handy guide! Your commercial pool will be ready for guests in just eight easy steps.
8 Steps to Keep Your Commercial Pool Pristine
- Pool cover care – Clear all debris and water from your pool cover BEFORE you remove it to avoid spilling the mess into your pool. Once removed, clean your cover with a scrub brush and allow it to dry completely before storing. Storing a damp cover can result in mold and mildew growth.
- Raise your water level back to normal – With a hose or water delivery, restore your pool’s proper water level.
- Examine pool equipment – Check your equipment for wear and tear and schedule repairs ASAP. If everything is up to par, reconnect your filter, pump, and heater to keep your pool functioning at its highest capacity.
- Restart your system – Prime the pump and turn the power back on for the filtration and circulation systems. Let it run for a couple of hours.
- Test the water – Now it’s time to test your pH, total alkalinity and chlorine levels using a high-quality test kit. Ideal pH is between 7.4 and 7.6. Total alkalinity should be between 80 to 120 ppm, and chlorine levels should be between 2.0 and 4.0 ppm.
- Adjust with chemicals – You’ll need to next add the proper chemicals to get your pool water within the appropriate limits. You can control pH and chlorine levels by first working on your total alkalinity. Next, adjust the pH levels.
- Brush and vacuum – It’s time to get the debris out for a clean swimming experience. Scrub the surfaces and vacuum out all the leaves, dirt and other material you loosen.
- Shock the pool – Your last step is shocking the pool to ensure all remaining bacteria are eliminated, providing your swimmers with the healthiest environment and clearest water possible.
Sunset Pools Can Help
Remember, at Sunset Pools and Spas, we can handle your commercial pool startup process and maintenance for you! We’ll provide the highest quality services and use the industry’s best materials to get your pool ready for members and guests on day one. And call on us throughout the season for maintenance and repair. You can count on us for fast, professional service every time.